The Brainwashed Pilgrim
You can help me move in by going to my latest post at:
This just in:
President Barack Obama has been awarded the dubious honor of "LIE of the YEAR" with a rating of "Pants on Fire" by the Politifact-fact-checking website.
- Obamacare would bring down premiums by $2500 for the typical family (find me an example of where that is currently taking place. In most instances, it is doubling and tripling premiums of most families).
- President’s weekly address, June 6, 2009: "If you like the plan you have, you can keep it. If you like the doctor you have, you can keep your doctor, too. The only change you’ll see are falling costs as our reforms take hold." Tell that to the millions who are receiving cancellation notices from their health insurers because Obamacare has forced the health insurance company to dump them. These millions of insured were happy with their coverage, but are NOW being told by Obama that their coverage is sub-standard, sub-par. According to the new federal guidelines for coverage, most insurance plans don't meet the government definition which includes forcing 50-yr old men to have coverage for mammogram screening and birth control.
- Town hall in Green Bay, Wis., June 11, 2009: "No matter how we reform health care, I intend to keep this promise: If you like your doctor, you'll be able to keep your doctor; if you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan." (How can you keep your doctor when he's not in your exchange and he's not on the short list of accepted doctors? How can you keep your doctor when he's losing his medical practice due to Obamacare?)
- Presidential press conference, June 23, 2009. "If you like your plan and you like your doctor, you won't have to do a thing. You keep your plan. You keep your doctor."
- Town hall in Grand Junction, Colo., Aug. 15, 2009: "I just want to be completely clear about this. I keep on saying this but somehow folks aren't listening — if you like your health care plan, you keep your health care plan. Nobody is going to force you to leave your health care plan. If you like your doctor, you keep seeing your doctor." (Notice how Obama typically attacks his critics by saying "but somehow folks aren't listening." It's now obvious that his critics were RIGHT.
- First presidential debate in Denver, Oct. 3, 2012: "If you've got health insurance, it doesn't mean a government takeover. You keep your own insurance. You keep your own doctor. But it does say insurance companies can't jerk you around." (It's not the health insurance companies "jerking us around" that we're worried about. It's Obama who's jerking us around!!)
In one of the opening chapters of Dostoevsky's "The Brothers Karamazov", a revered monk tells Karamazov, "A man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point where he does not discern any truth either in himself or anywhere around him, and thus falls into disrespect towards himself and others."