Thursday, October 11, 2012

My takeoff on Clint Eastwood & the Empty Chair

By now, I'm sure you've either seen or heard about Clint Eastwood's memorable speech at the Republican convention where he used an empty chair as a prop for Obama. If you haven't seen the speech, you can view it at YouTube.

I got this idea from a Wall Street Journal reader who placed an empty folding chair next to his Romney-Ryan yard sign. Yesterday afternoon, I did the same thing. Here's what everyone who drives down my street now sees.....


I'm looking forward to the VP debate tonight. Since we no longer have satellite or cable, we'll watch it on either Hulu Plus or YouTube. After I publish this post, I'm packaging my 2 DVRs and taking them to Fed-Ex to ship back to DISH Network. I do this with a degree of sadness. I will miss my DVRs and the ability to pause and watch shows on time delay. But then again, we've embarked on this great experiment and that's the price we have pay. 

Enjoy your day, and if you pray, pray for righteousness and truth to prevail tonight. Pray for the American people to see and hear what's true and to have wisdom to discern between who's blowing smoke and who's displaying real honesty and character. 


No comments:

Post a Comment