Sunday, August 19, 2012

The God Who Saturates

One of the titles for Jesus is: "The God who fills all in all" from Ephesians 1:23(NLT)
 23 And the church is his body; it is made full and complete by Christ, who fills all things everywhere with himself."

What this verse says to me is that Jesus is the God who SATURATES every aspect of our lives and every situation.
  • To saturate something is to soak, impregnate, or imbue thoroughly or completely as in saturating a sponge with water.
  • Jesus fills up what is lacking in my life as well as in the church. He fills up what is lacking in my righteousness, my goodness, my spirituality. 
  • He also saturates my life with His presence and His wisdom and His mercy and grace.
  • He makes me complete; apart from Him there is an emptiness and vacuum in my life that can only be filled by Jesus Christ and Him alone. 
  • He covers my weaknesses and my sins with His sacrifice on Calvary, His shed blood for my sins and the sins of the world.
  • He is the God who saturates our solar system, our galaxy and our universe (billions of galaxies). No matter where you go, He is there.                                                                    
     As the Psalmist says in Psalm 139:7-10 (GW)
7 Where can I go {to get away} from your Spirit? Where can I run {to get away} from you?
8 If I go up to heaven, you are there. If I make my bed in hell, you are there.
9 If I climb upward on the rays of the morning sun {or} land on the most distant shore of the sea where the sun sets,
10 even there your hand would guide me and your right hand would hold on to me.   
Whatever I am going through today or this week or this year, He is there to saturate that situation with His presence and comfort and strength. 

So my prayer for today is that I will be filled and saturated with Jesus, kind of like a sponge...and if the pressures and stresses of life begin to squeeze me, like a sponge, I want to ooze Jesus and His grace and mercy into every situation, because He has so saturated my life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment