Barack Obama on January 25th in Cedar Rapids, Iowa (at Conveyor Engineering & Manufacturing Co.) said this:
If you're willing to put in the work, the idea is that you should be able to raise a family and own a home, not go bankrupt because you got sick, 'cause you've got some health insurance that helps you deal with those difficult times; that you can send your kids to college; that you can put some money away for retirement. That's all most people want. Folks don't have unrealistic ambitions. They do believe that, if they work hard, they should be able to achieve that small measure of an American dream.
This is Obama's downsizing of the American Dream. He's describing his own serfs. President Obama believes that if you work hard and become successful, you should be punished with higher taxes.
Notice that President Obama said, "Folks don't have unrealistic ambitions..." What is an unrealistic ambition? Does the President get to decide if YOUR ambitions or mine are "unrealistic"? If you want to own your own company and have 3 or 4 limos, is that unrealistic? If you want a home that is larger than 1200 sq. ft, is that unrealistic? Who gave Obama the right to decide what is realistic or unrealistic in terms of your ambitions?
he was able to rise above the unrealistic expectations of some to become
President of the United
States. But now he is telling Americans to
"downsize" their expectations or dreams. Maybe you won't ever own
your own home; maybe you won't ever have a sizable retirement plan
because you now live in Obamaville. We have a President who wants to punish
that who rise above his "statist" expectations.
Obama wants you to believe there is a decline in most American's lifestyles because of capitalism--because of its own structural failures and inabilities. He wants you to believe five dollar gasoline is what you get with an economy where everybody's out there fending for themselves. You're paying five dollars for gas because of those filthy, greedy oil companies, not because he rejects the Keystone Pipeline and all other drilling including Anwar in
Welcome to the New
- Where a record 87,897,000 Americans are no longer in the labor force.
- Where if we really count all those who are no longer employed and can't find a job, we have an unemployment rate of 19.1%
- Where gasoline prices have gone up from $1.87 when Obama took office to over $5.00 gallon, but according to the LA Times, it's no big deal. Americans are accepting these prices and driving less, becoming more efficient, combining errands.
- Where in 2006-2007, 90% if all college graduates found jobs, but now in Obamaville, only 56% do.
- Where 1 in 4 homeowners are currently "underwater" owing more on their homes than they are worth.
If you have read either of Obama's 2 books, you know that he is trying to level the playing field and put us on equal footing with the rest of the world. It's not fair to the other peoples in the world who have not lived as well as we have because we have stolen what they have.
It's not fair. And President Obama is the one who gets to define "fairness."
Welcome to the New