What is the supreme virtue in today's culture? Is it excellence? Honesty? Courage? Truthfulness?
|D.A. Carson's new book|
The "tolerance" card trumps everything else. Tolerance is demanded by our government, our schools and many employers for the following groups and subjects.
Here is a partial list of what we are told we need to TOLERATE:
- LGBT (in case you don't know, lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, trans-gender). Tolerance means accepting ALL genders including cross-dressers.
- Islam-- Our media and educators seem to excuse the beheadings, death threats, terrorism, death to unbelievers that is part of Islam.
- Multi-culturalism (every culture is to be respected except for the culture of white-Europeans).
- Religious diversity. All religions are equal and should be tolerated, except for Christianity.
- Global citizenship. It's so jingoistic to continue to believe in American exceptionalism.
- Tolerance for social justice including black power, total respect for Rev. Jeremiah Wright and Louis Farrakhan.
- Tolerance for anything that liberals or Democrats do, including their media outlets like CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, etc.
- The PLO and their demand for Israel to give up Jerusalem and the West Bank.
- Black racism from New Black Panthers, Eric Holder, President Obama (he is in charge of Holder's Justice Dept. Any racism on the part of Holder is a direct reflection of Obama), Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton.
However, the dirty little secret is that those who espouse the value of TOLERANCE happen to be hypocrites because here is a partial list of what teachers, administrators, government leaders, employers and even the military elite will NOT tolerate.
There is NO TOLERANCE for:
- Christians (especially evangelicals. Often lovingly referred to by the media as the "religious right")
- While we're at it, let's also include Jesus, who is cool as long as you don't believe he is "the way, the truth and the life." In that case, we don't care for your Jesus!
- Conservative views and leaders. Do a Google search to see how tolerant university students are towards George W. Bush, Sarah Palin, Dick Cheney, Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity. Many university students and faculty who espouse the value of tolerance would NOT tolerate the speech of any conservative. They will shout them down or picket to keep them from even being speaking on any college or university campus.
- Fox News
- Any discussion of race or criticism on black behavior or attitudes. This is always seen as racist.
- Creationism or belief that God created everything.
- Discipline or corporal punishment. No tolerance for disciplining special-needs children who can disrupt classes daily and sometimes terrorize other children.
- Criticism of Global Warming as phony science.
- Franklin Graham (because he believes that Islam is an evil religion that seeks to dominate the world).
- Pro-life agenda
- Rush Limbaugh. I mention his name again because you can test the tolerance or the political views of an audience by mentioning his name, or that of Sarah Palin. Just by referencing Rush or Palin, you will invoke the wrath of many supposedly "tolerant" loving liberals and progressives.
- Anti-gay agenda. No criticism of LGBT allowed. You will be threatened and shut down if you persist in pointing out that this is radcial agenda that is being forced down the throats of every American, especially our school children.
In my next post, I'll offer up a few more thoughts on tolerance as a value and its destructive influence on every aspect of our culture.