Friday, February 24, 2012

How to save money at the gas pump!!

I can't believe how stupid I've been. If you're reading this, I owe you an apology. All along, I've been attempting to make the case for increased increased oil drilling both on our interior lands as well as offshore.

I've not been alone in this conspiracy because even the other night in the Arizona debate, I heard Newt Gingrinch echo the same thing. Idiot. He says that if we would go all out in drilling for oil and gas here in the U.S., we could easily bring the price of gas down to $2.50 in no time. Idiot.

What Newt doesn't know, and what I didn't know (I'm an idiot too) is that there is a simple way to put more money in your pocket every time you go to the pump. With gas prices now soaring at an average of $3.65 nationally and over $4.00 in California, I'm sure you're looking for any way to bring down the price at the gas pump.

Here's a little known secret which our President shared with us in 2008; somehow, it got overlooked and we've all suffered because of it. Then, candidate Obama said in response to a question about drilling for oil to meet our energy needs:  “We could save all the oil that they’re talking about getting off drilling, if everybody was just inflating their tires and getting regular tune-ups."

There you have it! Why didn't I think of that? So go out and get yourself a tire gauge and make an appointment for that long overdue tune-up and look for increased savings in your pocket every time you fill-up your tank! I love this President. He's always looking out for you and me, even at the gas pump!!


No comments:

Post a Comment